Saturday, August 31, 2013

I have not been beading alot lately.  On the 4th of July I tripped on my driveway and fractured my right wrist in two places.  I was in a hand to elbow splint for about a week, a long arm cast over 4 weeks and a short arm cast a week.  Two weeks ago I graduated to an as needed wrist spint and have been going to occupational therapy twice a week.  The therapist is very happy with my progress.  He says I should expect pain at least 9 months to a year.  I was off work over 6 weeks, not allowed to drive.  What a relief when I was able to drive again! 
 



I have been working on Kumihimo project for class I took at KC Bead Society Bead Blast in May, stuck again!!! Guess I will have to work on some of those UFO's, of which I have many!

Looking back, I attended a bead retreat with the KC Bead Society in May at Cedar Crest Lodge in Pleasanton, Kansas.  Our instructor was the delightful Melanie Potter.  I actually managed to finish one of the projects  before the June Bead Society meeting.   This is my bracelet Melanie calls Serrated Cuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment